Extended Stores Admin | 01.01.2022 |
This document is in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000 from time to time.
This Website is owned by Straightline Technologies, a sole proprietorship firm with its registered office at (hereinafter referred to as “Extended Stores ”).
I. User Account, Password and Security
In case You create an account on Our Website, You shall be responsible for all activities that take place from the use of Your Account. Extended Stores shall bear no responsibility for the same. Further, it is your responsibility to maintain confidentiality of your username and password. In case, any wrongful or illegal activity or unauthorized use is reported from Your account and/or information provided in incorrect and incomplete, Extended Stores shall have the right to suspend or terminate your account forthwith.
It shall be the User’s sole responsibility to immediately inform Extended Stores of any unauthorized activity from the user account.
II. Services offered
Extended Stores is an e-commerce marketplace which enables all Users to purchase different items as sold on the Website from time to time by its online retailers. As part of the services offered by Extended Stores on this Website, Users can purchase apparel, grocery, electronics, stationery, books, cosmetics, utensils, home décor etc. (“Products”) as sold by its various online sellers/ retailers. The Products can be purchased through this Website using the various payment options that have been made available by Extended Stores. Sale of all Products is also governed by additional policies including but not limited to Cancellation Policy, Exchange/ Return and Refund Policy etc. It is the Users duty and obligation to review the said policies at the time of making purchase.
Extended Stores does not warrant that the product description or other content on the Website is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error- free and assumes no liability in this regard. It is the User’s sole responsibility to verify the correctness of the information provided.
III. User Conduct and rules for use of the Website
- You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of the Website shall be governed by the following:
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which belongs to another person and to which You specifically have no right;
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which is harmful, defamatory, obscene, objectionable, pornographic, violative of another’s privacy, hateful, racially or ethnically objectionable, rates to or encourages money laundering or gambling or is unlawful in any manner whatsoever;
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which may be false, inaccurate or misleading in any manner;
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which involved transmission of junk mail, spam, chain letters or any type of unsolicited mass mailing;
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which that which promotes any type of illegal activities including but not limited to making or assembling of illegal weapons; or sell liquor, duty free cigarettes.
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which infringes upon or violates any third party rights including but not limited to IPR, privacy etc.
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which violates any law for the time being in force;
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which creates any liability for Extended Stores or cause it to lose business/ services or services of its internet service providers or its suppliers.
- Fraudulent use of the services provided on the Website is strictly prohibited. Fraudulent conduct by a User shall include but not be limited to:
- Misuse of another User’s phone/ email;
- Refusal to pay for an order;
- Has a high return rate of Products;
- Repeated request for monetary compensation.
- Extended Stores shall have the right to classify any User as fraudulent user or any order as a Fraud Order (including but not limited to) if:
- Products are ordered in bulk for commercial resale;
- Invalid address given;
- Order placed using a technological glitch/ loophole.
- Users shall not use this Website for any fraudulent purposes which may cause inconvenience and abuse any policy and rules of Extended Stores and interrupt or cause to interrupt, damage, the use of other users of the Extended Store Website.
- Users are prohibited from using false e-mail address, impersonating any person or entity or otherwise misleading Extended Stores by sharing multiple address and phone numbers or transacting with malafide intentions.
- Users shall not use any automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or reproduce or circumvent the, or obtain or make any attempts to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website.
- Users shall not attempt to gain any unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, or other system or networks connected to the Website or any server, computer, network or any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any illegitimate means.
- Users shall remain responsible for being fully compliant with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and as amended from time to time and all such other laws as may be applicable for sale/ purchase or using services being provided on this Website.
- Users shall not engage in any transactions on this Website which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law(s) for the time being in force.
- All vendors listing the Products for sale on this Website, shall be solely responsible for providing accurate information relating to the Products as listed on the Website.
- The vendors shall not advertise, solicit other users on the Website to buy or sell products or services, including but not limited to those displayed.
- Vendors shall further be responsible to ensure that the content posted by them does not infringe upon any third party’s rights.
- 13. Extended Stores bears no responsibility for any content posted on the Website and the content shall not be construed to be views of the Extended Stores.
- Extended Stores shall not be held liable for any losses or damages occurring due to the content posted on its Website.
- Extended Stores shall not be responsible for the exactness as to the finish, appearance, size, colour etc. of the Product ordered by the User. Extended Stores has Return/ Refund/ Exchange Policies and it shall be the sole responsibility of the Users to review the same before placing any order on the Website.
IV. Content Posted on the Website
- All text, graphics, user interface, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos (hereinafter referred to as “Content”) is third party user generated and Extended Stores has no control over it. It is clarified that Extended Stores is only an e-commerce marketplace where different vendors can sell their Products.
- Any Content posted shall be Our property. All Users/ vendors grant Us the worldwide, perpetual and transferable rights for the Contents.
- Extended Stores shall use the information for various activities including but not limited to promotional and advertising purposes and in any media and also including the creation of derivative works that may include the Content the Users/ vendors provide.
- However, in use of the information provided, the proprietary language shall remain as is and not be modified/ removed and the information shall only be used for non-commercial purposes.
V. Website use for transactions and communication
- Extended Stores is not and cannot be a party to or control in any manner any transaction between the Users and the sellers/ vendors. Users shall bear in mind:
- All commercial/contractual terms are offered by and agreed to between Users and sellers/ vendors alone. The commercial/contractual terms include without limitation price, shipping costs, convenience fee, payment methods, payment terms, date, period and mode of delivery, warranties related to products and services and after sales services related to products and services. Extended Stores does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between the Users and sellers/ vendors.
- Extended Stores does not make any representation or warranty as to specifics (such as quality, value, salability, etc.) of the products proposed to be sold or offered to be sold or purchased on the Website.
- Extended Stores is not responsible for any non-performance or breach of any contract entered into between Users and sellers/ vendors. Extended Stores cannot and does not guarantee that the concerned Users and/or sellers will perform any transaction concluded on the Website.
- At no time shall Extended Stores hold any right, title or interest over the products nor shall Extended Stores have any obligations or liabilities in respect of such contract entered into between Users and sellers/ vendors.
- Extended Stores is only providing a platform for communication and it is agreed that the contract for sale of any of the products shall be a strictly bipartite contract between the User and the seller/ vendor.
- Extended Stores is not responsible for unsatisfactory or delayed performance of services or damages or delays as a result of products which are out of stock, unavailable or back ordered.
- If pricing on any product(s) as is reflected on the Website may due to some technical issue, typographical error or product information published by seller is incorrectly reflected then in such an event seller may cancel such your order(s).
- You release and indemnify Extended Stores and/or any of its officers and representatives from any cost, damage, liability or other consequence of any of the actions of the Users and specifically waive any claims that you may have in this behalf under any applicable law. Notwithstanding its reasonable efforts in that behalf, Extended Stores cannot take responsibility or control the information provided by other Users which is made available on the Website.
- Actual Color and Dimension may differ from the Screen Image. Actual Product may differ slightly in appearance to Illustrations / Picture Provided.
- Extended Stores does not entertain any refunds and exchanges. All the products will have the respective description and availability of their sizes and dimensions if any. Hence purchasing of the goods will be user discretion.
- Goods will be allowed for exchange only if it is damaged.
- Feature, Specification, weight & price are subject to change without prior notice
VI. Disclaimer of Warranties and Liabilities
- All the products and services that have been made available through the Website are provided on an as is and as available basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise specified in writing.
- Extended Stores does not warrant that it will be constantly available and that the information available is true, complete and accurate.
- The products as sold on the Website are governed by different state laws and in case a seller/ vendor is unable to deliver due to different state laws, then it is the sole responsibility of the seller/ vendor to return the money or give credit.
- By providing Your contact details, You consent to be contacted by Extended Stores via phone calls and/or SMS and/or Whatsapp for updates.
- Extended Stores shall not use your contact information for any promotional activities and neither shall it sell this information to any third parties.
VII. Sale of Products
- You warrant that you are legally allowed and able to list and sell Products for sale.
- You are to ensure that you are not infringing on any third party’s IP rights, trade secret and/or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy rights of third parties.
- Content for listing Products should be limited to text descriptions, graphics, and pictures that describe the Products.
- You undertake that you shall not create multiple listing for the same Product.
IX. Intellectual Property and Restrictions
- This Website is owned and controlled by Extended Stores and the products listed herein are sold by the respective sellers.
- All material on the Website, including images, illustrations, audio clips and video clips are protected by the intellectual property rights.
- Users shall not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by email or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist anyone else to do so.
- Extended Stores reserves the right to use/reproduce any content uploaded by You and You agree to grant royalty free, irrevocably, unconditionally, perpetually and worldwide right to Us to use the content for reasonable business purpose.
X. Limitation of Liability
- In no event shall Extended Stores be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from:
- The use or inability to use the services or the Products;
- Unauthorized access to or alteration of the User’s transmissions or data;
- Breach of condition, representations or warranties by the manufacturer of the Products;
- Any other matter relating to the sale/ purchase of Products, including but not limited to damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Website.
- Users agree that any material and/ or data downloaded through the Website shall be done at the Users own discretion and risk and they shall be solely responsible for any loss arising therefrom.
- Extended Stores shall not be liable for any dispute or disagreement between the Users and/or Users and sellers/ vendors.
- Extended Stores liability shall be limited to an amount equal to the Products purchased i.e. value purchased.
- Upon termination, either by You or by Extended Stores, Extended Stores may delete any content or other materials relating to Your use of the Website and Extended Stores shall have no liability to you or nay third party for doing so. Only Your transaction details may be preserved for tax purposes or any other regulatory compliance.
- If You provide false e-mail addresses, postal addresses or phone numbers or use the Website for any unlawful and fraudulent purposes, which violates Our policies and do transactions with malafide intentions then Extended Stores reserves the right to refuse access to the portal, terminate accounts including any linked accounts without notice to you.
XII. For sale only in India
- All Products listed on the website are for sale only in India.
XIII. Governing Law
XIV. Contacting vendor/ seller
- You may contact vendors/ sellers through an in-app message board (on the Website) where you can send messages and ask queries. Users and sellers/ vendors shall not be allowed to exchange any contact information on such pages.
XV. Convenience Fee
- Extended Stores charges vendors/ sellers listed on the Website a Convenience Fee which is between 2% to 7%.
XVI. Classified Products
- Extended Stores also has a monthly subscription package for individual sellers for their classified products and different packages are available.
- You acknowledge and undertake that you are accessing the services on the Website and transacting at Your own risk.
- Extended Stores shall neither be liable nor responsible for any actions or inactions of sellers nor any breach of conditions, representations or warranties by the sellers/ vendors or even manufacturers of the Products and We expressly disclaim any and all responsibility and liability in this regard.
- Extended Stores further expressly disclaim any warranties or representations (express or implied) in respect of quality, suitability, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, performance, safety, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or legality of the Products listed or displayed or transacted or the content (including Product or pricing information and/or specifications) on Website.
- While We have taken precautions to avoid inaccuracies in content, this Website, all content, information (including the price of Products), software, Products, services and related graphics are provided as is, without warranty of any kind.
- User agrees and acknowledges that any claims regarding order delivery (including non-receipt/ non- delivery of order or signature verification) shall be notified to Extended Stores within 3 days from the alleged date of delivery of Product reflecting on the Website. Non notification by You of non-receipt or non-delivery within the time period specified shall be construed as a deemed delivery in respect of that transaction. Extended Stores disclaims any liability or responsibility for claims regarding non-delivery, non-receipt of order (including signature verification in Proof of delivery) after 3 days from the alleged date of delivery of Product reflecting on the Website.
XVIII. Grievance officer
- In accordance with the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules made thereunder as well as the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are: